The Congress is the General Assembly of the National Member Federations (NF’s) and the highest authority of FISO. The Congress meets every two years at a date and venue specified by the Secretary-General and is the platform for representation of the needs and interests of the athletes.
Congress has the main executive powers and duties:
- Alteration of the General Statures and dissolution of the federation.
- Expulsion and suspension of NF’s.
- Election of the President, Vice-President, Treasurer and representatives of the Continental Confederations in the Central Board.
- Dismissal of the members of the governing bodies.
The Congress shall each year decide on:
- The management report of the Executive Board.
- The treasurer’s report on the accounts.
- The annual accounts of the previous year.
- The budget for the following year.